Sunday, October 22, 2006

October 18, 2006 - Two Days After Surgery


Aiden woke up bright and early at 6:00 am again today, but it didn't last long! Ric had him back down for a nap by 7:00. After his nap, the ENT Doctor came in and signed his discharge order. Aiden's big head bandage was removed (leaving a smaller bangade that you can see in this picture) and he was ready to go! By the time I got to the hospital at 10:00 with Noah, Ric and Aiden were packed up and ready to head home. This picture was taken in the hospital parking lot as we were getting into the van.

Aiden did really well for the rest of the day at my parents' house. He had a big, big nap in the afternoon, and spent the rest of the day playing and running around. He is a little unsteady on his feet, but that is the only difference that I notice in him. From what I understand, some adults who get Cochlear Implant surgery experience a bit of dizziness post surgery, so maybe Aiden is too.

Now, because I'm writing this after the fact, I can say that Ric and I were eating our words a little bit overnight this night. Aiden had an really, really terrible sleep. He was up most of the night, and although he didn't seem irritated or uncomfortable - he just had NO interest in sleeping. Ric took him downstairs at about 3:00 am, and I guess he was just a going concern until about 4:00 am. Then, he was up for the day at 5:30 am. Does this little child just not require rest????!!!